Jessica J. Giesen's background spans from representing individual clients in the courtroom to leading some of the country's premiere brands in marketing, communications and public relations, including Ralph Lauren (New York City), Versace (New York City) and most recently Triumph Motorcycles North America (Atlanta).
Her legal practice today focuses on representing individuals in criminal and family law matters in circuit courts across the state of Wisconsin. She also represents clients in the appellate court system and before the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Ms. Giesen received her undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and went on to graduate fifth in her class, Cum Laude, from William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota. While there, she held clerkships at the Dakota County and Hennepin County Public Defender's Offices and was an active clinical member of the school's Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners: The Reentry Clinic program, representing indigent clients with primarily family law matters that arose as they left prison and reentered their communities. She was one of three finalists for the Graduating Student Award of Merit honor and was nominated by one of her professors for the Jenzabar Foundation Student Leadership Award.
committees and other memberships
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board Member
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers: Women's Caucus, Annual Conference Committee Chair
- Dane County Bar Association
- Dane County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Secretary
- Wisconsin High School Mock Trial Committee, Regional Coordinator - Dane County
- NORML Legal Committee, Member, Moderator of the 2013 Annual NORML Legal Conference
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Dane County, Annual Gala Committee Member